The Food and Wine Specialties (enogastronomia) Tour Puglia and Matera is an incredible guided tour that will discover you and live the traditions and the agricultural and food excellences of Apulia, moreover, you enjoy a good experience of a day in Sassi di Matera.
You leave on Saturday for eight days and seven nights of pure enjoyment: you will taste fresh cottage cheese, “burrata” and “caciocavallo” (kinds of cheese), the famous bread of Altamura, the focaccia of Bari and friselle, as simple as taste. Moreover, you will taste also the extra virgin olive oil of Apulia, the orecchiette (a type of pasta), a raw seafood of Gallipoli, the “rosoli” of Cistercians and the vegetables of Salento.
A deliciousness after another will slip into your greedy stomach with the best local wines: “Primitivo” and “Negroamaro”. There will be the pastry too: “pasticciotto” of Lecce and ice coffee with almond milk that will conclude your sensory tour.
Since Apulia is also synonymous of dance and folklore, we want to show you the “Taranta” with a performance of “Pizzica Salentina”.
The cost includes:
- Tour in Bus Gran Turismo and regional guide (multilingual on request) from the dinner of the Saturday to the end of the tour on Friday.
- Accommodation in 4 stars Hotel/Frame.
- Full board, themed menu, with consumed meals in Hotels or in outside restaurants, from the dinner of the first day to the first breakfast of the eighth day.
- Welcome cocktail.
- Drinks during the meals (1/4 wine + ½ of still water).
- A music evening.
- A performance evening of “Salento” Folk.
- A tasting of typical foodstuffs in conformity with the plan.
The cost does not include:
- Entrances where provided for museums, monuments, galleries, public and private archaeological sites. As for public sites, it is valid the Ministerial Decree current.
- Possible visitors’ taxes.
- Everything that is not expressly specified at the point “the cost includes”.
- 4 stars Hotel expected.